Despite the fact that many flights to Las Vegas were cancelled due to east coast and midwest storms, we had a great show at Magic this year!
For those who aren't familiar with it, Magic Market Week is the largest global market week for mens and womens apparel and footwear. Brands set up booths for fashion buyers and other industry leaders to preview new collections.
This year we featured shoes from Fall 2014 and we're happy to report visitors were encouraged by what they saw and seemed very excited about the future of ANYI LU. Next show, Lineapelle in Italy!
Keep checking here and our Facebook page for upcoming previews of the new Fall collection!
How cute are these cookies!
Our new booth location.
Returning home after a great show!
Whether you have a romantic dinner planned with your husband, or you and your girlfriends decide to take each other out for a night on the town, we've got some fun Valentine's Day looks to help inspire you for the big night. We're featuring the Tulipe because it's such a versatile shoe for evening and it comes in such a pretty V-Day color.
- HOORSENBUHS Diamond & Rose Gold Masque Ring
- ERICKSON BEAMON Gold-plated Swarovski crystal and pearl earrings
- LINDA FARROW Mawi gold-tone watersnake bracelet
- JOSEPH Stretch-leather leggings
- CHLOÉ Silk-crepe top
- DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Sequined crepe blazer
- CHANTECAILLE Lip Chic - Rose Délice
- CHLOÉ Arrow gold-tone bracelet
- ROBERTO CAVALLI Lotus Flower gold-tone Swarovski crystal earrings
- ROLAND MOURET Mensa stretch crepe-paneled basketweave cotton jacket (similar)
- LEIGHTON DENNY Mine's A Rose Nail Polish
- KOTUR #getsmartbag elaphe and brass smartphone clutch
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Cropped embossed stretch-jersey top
- ZERO+MARIA CORNEJO Isis tweed pencil skirt
Where are you from?
Little town in South of Ukraine.
How do you balance modeling and mothering?
Mothering is the best thing that could have happened to me with my already busy career. I quickly learned how to use time wisely, I become the best version of myself to set a great example for my little daughter. I learned to prioritize and say no. We can't do everything at the same time. It would be too stressful. I believe if we do something it must be a 100%. So if I'm with my daughter I give her all my love & attention, no emails or phone calls.. And when I’m at work I’m 100% committed there as well. That way I'm the happiest and everybody happy around me too:)
What’s your favorite city?
Ah.., I have a few…I love Paris for its charm & beauty, Los Angeles for giving me opportunity to fulfill my dream life and my home town that has sweet childhood memories.
If you weren't a model you'd be:
Haha! A model! I simply love my job:) What not to love?! Meeting creative people, travel… I do also enjoy health science and naturopathic medicine… I'm a big believer that we have all the power and tools to heal ourselves naturally.
Do you have a style muse?
Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn , Kate Moss.., my mom:)
What is your favorite movie?
Love "Forrest Gump" and "Moscow Doesn't Believe in Tears"(Russian movie)
You are so graceful, do you dance?
Thank you:) I did through all my childhood. I express my spirit through dance… You don't have to be a dancer to dance… If your heart is dancing, just put some music and dance! Go on!…and don't forget to put those comfy shoes on;)
What’s your go-to look (what you wear all the time)?
Jeans, cute top or summer dress, easy breezy, oh don't forget blazers too:)
Who is your favorite designer (other than Anyi Lu, of course)?
Of course!! Anyi Lu is amazing, she definitely nailed it with a beautiful style and comfort, her shoes are gorgeous, very well made, and a such pleasure to wear to any occasion. I also like Stella McCartney for simplicity, Louis Vuitton for chic, and Marc Jacobs for fun..:)
Which ANYI LU shoe would best fit your lifestyle (balancing mothering and career, jetting off to shoots on location)?
Its impossible to pick only one style. My top 3 would be:
- The Maria in bisque sand, absolutely adore that style. Can be upscale and casual depends on what you wearing. It goes well with light jeans, shorts, dresses, even with bikini by the pool with a cute hat + martini ;)
- Stephania in black mangrovian (snake) with black toe–very sophisticated, sexy, chic–absolutely gorgeous style. Go on the date with husband or go to meet new clients…either way it’s a win-win.
- The Athena (black)- must have for a busy, modern woman like me, running around the city all day feeing fabulous and lightweight. Ok I have to add 2 more:)
- I love Daisy–beautiful wedge, very elegant and simple. Must have for a busy stylish mom:)
- The Vera! In ocean metallic - I would not leave a town with out comfy Vera. Going to south of France or sandy beaches of California, a must have in your luggage… Love!
Tell us a little bit about the ANYI LU Spring photo shoot. You were on your feet for over 8 hours straight in our shoes – jumping, dancing – how did that feel?
Movement is my life! I love shooting for Anyi, it’s always fun and energetic with music and sweet people around. It doesn't feel like a long time at all, we have so much fun, dancing & jumping around:) And the best part is that my feet are not tired at all. I feel it more in my quads from all the flying and jumping, haha!;) Her shoes are VERY comfy, and you can trust me on this one:)
Every shoot we say, “That was the best shoot, how can we top it?” This shoot by photographer Holly Stewart was no exception. From Dawn Sutti’s beautiful makeup and hair, to Rachel and Lisa’s spot-on styling, to our model Luba’s boundless energy, every detail fell perfectly into place.
It’s not an easy task to show comfort, lightness, and wearability in a photograph. To demonstrate these qualities, we asked our lovely model Luba leap, jump, or turn for each pose. She rose to the challenge effortlessly and danced the entire day in every pair from the new collection.
Welcome to the debut of the Spring/Summer 2014 season and our brand new e-commerce website! We’ve been very busy these last few months putting it all together, and we couldn’t be more excited to unveil both the collection and the new site to you all.
Our Spring/Summer 2014 collection is inspired by 1960s French chic. The women of that era had such an interesting blend of demure femininity combined with the kind of quiet confidence that comes from living a full life. We created this collection to have that same kind of effortless chic these women represented so well. Once again, we’ve used the same luxurious leathers and innovative components to keep the shoes as comfortable as always.
We’re thrilled to show off this new collection with our new site which features a much improved online shopping experience. Now optimized for each major platform, the new site will work without a hitch on almost all computers, tablets, and mobile phones. We’ve improved navigation making it more user-friendly and intuitive to browse different styles and colors. The product photography is much bigger with more angles and views. Plus, we’ve added a shoppable lookbook for the new season.
We hope you enjoy the new collection and our new website as much as we’ve enjoyed designing them for you!