News & Happenings
THE SIENA IN SAND SUEDE
It happens every year–that first really warm spring day finally arrives. You go into your closet to put on a pair of shorts. Then you look down to see your legs that have been happily hiding behind pants for months are dry and pale. But not to fear, all it takes is a little pampering to get shorts-ready for the season.
We chose the Siena for this ensemble because it is such a forgiving silhouette. The extra height creates a leg-lengthening illusion, but the foot itself is only slightly angled, so it feels like a flat. The entire footbed is cushioned as well making this one of the most comfortable sandals we've ever debuted. Also, the sand color in particular has the effect of making your legs look tanner, don't ask us why.
Some like to get their legs waxed once the warm weather hits, but if you prefer to shave, be sure to give your legs a thorough moisturizing afterwards as shaving plus weeks in the winter air can make skin very dry. We like this one from Malin + Goetz.
If your legs look more like that of a ghost's than your own, going to a spray-tanning salon or using some self-tanning cream can send Casper on his way. There are a few steps before just slathering it on. The first is to exfoliate your legs thoroughly to get an even application. Next be sure not to let the cream touch your hands so you don't end up with orange palms. We live the James Read tanning mitt because it easily solves this issue.
For a finishing touch, we like this dry oil to give your legs a little sheen to accentuate curves and muscle definition.
Of course, don't forget your feet and schedule a pedicure. We like this shade because it's more fun than a plain neutral but isn't too dark for spring, works on most skin tones, and gives a little pop of spring color.
- LANVIN grosgrain-trimmed straw hat
- STELLA MCCARTNEY Eva silk crepe de chine blouse
- 3.1 PHILLIP LIM Striped cavas shorts
- JAMES READ Tanning mitt
- LEGOLOGY AIR LITE Sun-lite tinted leg cream
- REVERENCE DE BASTIEN Celeste Leg Shimmer Dry Oil
- ANYI LU The Siena
- RMS BEAUTY Nail Polish - Honest
- CHAN LUU Gold plated necklace
THE ALYSSA IN BLUE LAZER CALF & THE BROCADE PRINT SCARF IN BLACK
Since our factories are in Italy, we have to do a lot of flying overseas. On our travels we've learned a few tricks of the trade that can make all the difference between a luxurious flying experience and a nightmarish one.
The first is to travel light and unencumbered. If you can get away with just bringing a weekender bag, avoiding checking a bag can potentially save hours of time. Airports are not the place to try out your new stiletto heels. We've featured the Alyssa here because it's incredibly comfortable for running through terminals, slips on and off easily through check-in, and is ultra-light weight if packed.
The second thing to prepare for is fluctuating temperatures. Airplanes are notorious for having issues with heating and cooling control so wear layers. We've included the Brocade Print scarf with faux chinchilla here because it is oversized and incredibly cozy to act as a blanket for the journey and an extra warm scarf once you get to your final destination.
Lastly, how well you come prepared to battle the recycled air of the cabin will make or break a long flight. The air in the cabin has extremely low humidity, which can take a huge toll on skin and lips. Do not use a facial mist as this can cause further drying. Drink lots of water, use lip balm and apply a rich moisturizer with SPF protection. It may seem odd to worry about SPF indoors, but the UV rays when you're at 30,000 feet are stronger than on the ground even through an airplane window.
- EVERLANE Twill weekender bag
- ANYI LU Alyssa in blue lazer calf
- ANYI LU Brocade print scarf in black and ivory
- BOTTEGA VENETA Intrecciato leather sleep mask
- SKIN & TONIC Naked Lip Balm
- RENEE ROULEAU Hawaiian Nourishing Cream
- KATE SPADE Cedar stree confetti dot passport holder
THE ADRIAN IN BLACK NAPPA LEATHER
Equally suited to dresses or denim, the Adrian is an incredibly versatile biker boot and is so lightweight you need to hold it in your hands or try it on to believe it. The motorcycle boot style adds edge to your looks while the quilted detailing gives an air of luxury to make even the simplest outfit, like jeans and a plain cashmere sweater, look polished. As the winter season approaches and temperatures drop, try pairing with a leggings and a belted scarf or a cape as seen here for a dramatic yet effortless look.
- FENDI Leather-trimmed wool-blend boucle cape
- EQUIPMENT Sloane cashmere sweater
- FENDI Crepe mini skirt
- THE ROW Round-frame acetate and metal sunglasses
- EUGENIA KIM Honey wide-brim rabbit-felt hat
- DOLCE & GABBANA Cutout embroidered leather gloves
- PHILLIP LIM Soleil small textured-leather bucket bag
- ANYI LU Adrian in black nappa
CALLIE IN BLACK TUMBLED CALF
The biker boot came onto the scene a few years ago about the time when skinny jeans became popular, and this relatively new silhouette (to the fashion scene) isn't going anywhere–mainly due to the fact that they are ridiculously flattering to the leg due to their volume and point at which they hit the calf. The Callie is a very classic example of this kind of boot and will add a bit of edge to any look, plus is extremely comfortable and easy to slip on. Pair them with a soft feminine dress to contrast with the toughness of the boot or, as seen here, pair with skinny jeans and an oversize jacket to play with volume contrast.
- ISABEL MARANT Gold-plated horn hoop earrings
- ANYI LU Callie in black tumbled calf
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Luna leather bucket bag
- GIVENCHY Studded belt in black textured-leather
- JENNIFER MEYER 18-karat gold diamond cuff
- RAG & BONE The Skinny mid-rise jeans
- ISABEL MARANT Hatfield striped merino wool-blend sweater
- SAINT LAURENT Hooded cotton-twill parka
NICKY IN BLACK LAMBSKIN
There are those days when work and pleasure are one in the same, especially when you can take a long work lunch at a cafe on a beautiful autumn day in the city. We've curated the perfect fall career look that will only add to the enjoyment. Wearing a short boot like the Nicky with a more traditional dress and luxurious cashmere coat is the perfect blend of modern and buttoned up. The contrasting neutrals work perfectly with strong black accents from the boots the sunglasses and jewelry.
- AGNONA Cashmere coat
- TORY BURCH Checked pussy-bow silk-crepe dress
- ANYI LU Nicky boot in black
- GUCCI leather gloves
- PRADA Square-frame acetate sunglasses
- LARSSON & JENNINGS CM rose gold-plated watch
- AURELIE BIDERMANN Diana gold-plated resin cuff
- ALAIA Petal laser-cut python and leather tote
RESSE IN ESPRESSO CALF
There's something comforting about that time of year when the sun is warm but there's that crispness to the air that lets you break out the boots and go stomping through the newly fallen leaves. The Resse is the perfect choice for this kind of outing. Here we've paired her with a flirty dress and a wine colored moto jacket to strike that balance of feminine but not too feminine.
- ANYI LU Resse boot in espresso calf
- CHLOE Plisse printed silk-georgette mini dress
- IRO Jone leather biker jacket
- JEROME DREYFUSS Gary small fringed leather shoulder bag
- CHLOE Square-frame acetate sunglasses
- EDDIE BORGO Bicone gold-plated, agate and faux pearl cuff
SKYLER IN BLACK NAPPA
Hitting that perfect note of sophisticated cool can be challenging. It involves choosing pieces that are comfortable so you seem at ease, simple designs so you seem unfussy, and metal or design accents to give things a bit of edge. This look gets it just right.
- GUCCI Stretch wool-blend blazer
- THEORY yumcha pussy-bow silk crepe de chine blouse
- ANYI LU the Skyler lace-up boot
- R13 Alison mid-rise skinny jeans
- CHLOE Square-frame acetate sunglasses
- ILEANA MAKRI Double Bar 18-karat gold diamond ring
- ILEANA MAKRI Double Pyramid 18-karat gold diamond earrings
- GUCCI Linea C textured-leather bucket bag
For girls on the go and bustling businesswomen, versatility in a wardrobe is key. It’s important to look, feel and be your best self throughout the day. In order to achieve maximum style all day with minimum effort, the Stefania is your ticket. The stylish pump converts into four different looks with removable and adjustable straps. Style this convertible heel in the boardroom, out to dinner and even on the dance floor. Adjusting the strap is easy and will instantly give you a new look. The Stefania comes in eight color ways; today we’re featuring it in Platinum Pitone/Bone/Bisque Patent.
STEFANIA IN ROSE PITONE
Style 1. Desk – Head into your morning meeting with slacks and a blouse and the Stefania to finish your look. Board meetings are the perfect place for the double Mary Jane straps. The extra support of the double straps will give you a sense of security when the pressure is on.
- GIVENCHY Pussy-bow blouse in ivory silk crepe de chine
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Prince of Wales check wool-blend bootcut pants
- BALENCIAGA Cropped basketweave crepe jacket
- MICHAEL KORS Colette rose gold-tone watch
- ANYI LU Stefania in rose pitone
- MONICA VINADER Vega rose gold-plated moonstone earrings
- TOD'S Shopping medium perforated leather tote
Style 2. Dinner – Head out for a relaxing meal or drinks with friends or colleagues. Quickly remove the straps to for a relaxed rather than business look for the evening. Style these now strapless pumps with skinny ankle jeans and an oversized blouse. Bring on the accessories to highlight the platinum toe on these pumps.
- NOOR FARES Disco Ball 18-karat gold diamond necklace
- ANYI LU Stefania rose pitone
- VALENTINO The Rockstud color-block leather pouch
- VICTORIA BECKHAM DENIM Cropped mid-rise skinny jeans
- BY MALENE BIRGER Patti draped crepe de chine blouse
- BROOKE GREGSON Hammered 18-karat gold earrings
Style 2. Dance – For a night out or post-dinner get together, throw on your best dress and cross the straps at the ankle for a flirty and fun style. You’ll be glad for the extra support when you’re moving to your favorite tunes on the dance floor. Add a few colorful accessories for a nice pop and contrast.
- IPPOLITA Rock Candy 18-karat gold quartz earrings
- CEDRIC CHARLIER Jersey and satin dress
- VICTORIA BECKHAM Two-tone leather clutch
- ANYI LU Stefania in rose pitone
- JEMMA WYNNE 18-karat gold diamond bracelet
As we plan to say farewell to winter and enthusiastically embrace spring, it is time again to discuss wardrobe options and how to transition from the harsh chill to a happier climate. Spring seems to be the slowest transition as the rain tries to keep the sun away; it’s a great time to layer, as the weather can be unpredictable. Adjustments to what type of shoe you pair with a sweater or sweatshirt can help you slowly adapt to the season and maintain a cozy look with cooler styles. All you need is a great pair of ANYI LU’s and your winter style instantly shifts to spring.
ALEXA IN GOLD PITONE
Strappy sandals not only dress up your look but also steps the style into spring. The gorgeous Alexa python printed sandal fits perfectly with navy pants for a dressed up and feminine look. Add your favorite sweaters and a trench for a chic spring style.
- RAG & BONE Port leather-trimmed cotton-blend pique trench coat
- MICHAEL KORS Stretch cotton-blend top
- TORY BURCH Brandy strech-cotton faille straight-leg pants
- CARONLINA BUCCI Set of two 18-karat gold bracelets
- ANYI LU Alexa in Gold Pitone
- BOTTEGA VENETA Mini Intrecciato Messenger
LANNA IN BLACK AND WHITE STRIPED PITONE
It’s time to put away the winter boots and bring on the perfect-for-spring dressed-up sneakers. The Lanna is great for adding a bit of edge to an otherwise casual look. Pair them with jeans, shorts or as you see here with a romper set and chunky cardigan.
- DONNA KARAN Draped cable-knit cashmere cardigan
- BAND OF OUTSIDERS Printed silk jumpsuit
- BOTTEGA VENETA The Knot intrecciato satin clutch
- MAISON MARGIELA Set of four gold-plated rings
- MELISSA ODABASH Eva woven Panama hat
- ANYI LU Lanna in white striped pitone
CRISTINA IN NAVY STRETCH AND NAUTICAL STRIPE
Nothing screams spring like a strappy wedge; The Cristina is the epitome of a spring style from the nautical strips to the navy satin stretch straps, this shoe is made for the season. It’s super versatile and perfect for all occasions, here we have it styled with a floral print sweatshirt (we love mixing stripes with prints!) and a fun pair of culottes.
- LE SPECS Vertigo gold-tone round-frame mirrored sunglasses
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Jerrie floral-print jersey sweatshirt
- MIH JEANS The Kin stretch-denim culottes
- AURELIE BIDERMANN Copacabana gold-plated and cotton cuff
- PROENZA SCHOULER Bucket medium textured-leather shoulder bag
- ANYI LU Cristina in navy satin stretch and nautical stripe
ALEXA IN GOLD ESPRESSO PITONE
- FINDS Daizy Shely feather jacket
- ROLAND MOURET Orton wool-crepe dress
- WENDY NICHOL 14-karat gold earrings
- ANYI LU Alexa in gold espresso pitone
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY Love Bite
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Sweet Charity Valentine Bag
TONI IN CRIMSON PATENT
- MARNI Gold-plated, horn and crystal earrings
- ELIE SAAB Striped honeycomb-mesh and brushed satin mini dress
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Bow-embellished faux fur jacket
- TENOVERTEN nail polish–church rich bordeaux
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Sweety Charity mini studded leather shoulder bag
- GUCCI Leather gloves
- ANYI LU Toni in crimson patent
CATE IN CRIMSON PATENT/LEOPARD SHIMMER SUEDE
- JOSEPH Brushed wool and cashmere-blend coat
- ISABEL MARANT Wayne cotton-poplin shirt
- MAISON KITSUNE New skinny mid-rise jeans
- ARME DE L'AMOUR Reverse Chevron gold-plated ring
- MARNI Gold-plated, horn and crystal necklace
- ANYI LU Cate in crimson patent/leopard shimmer suede
- KARL LAGERFELD Chain and grosgrain-trimmed wool-felt fedora
BRIGITTE IN RED PITONE MULTI
- CHLOE Iconic silk crepe de chine top
- VICTORIA BECKHAM Satin-trimmed wool-twill blazer
- ISABEL MARANT Felmira embellished silk-georgette mini wrap skirt
- HERVE VAN DER STRAETEN Hammered gold-plated cuff
- ANYI LU Brigitte in red pitone multi
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY Love Bite
- AURELIE BIDERMANN Apache gold-plated necklace
PAPAYA PATENT DAPHNE
- LE SPECS Cheshire round-frame acetate mirrored sunglasses
- PAIGE Vermont denim jacket
- TORY BURCH Edith floral-print slub-faille shorts
- JASON WU Ruffled silk top
- ARME DE L'AMOUR gold-plated cuff
BISQUE PATENT DAPHNE
- ARME DE L'AMOUR gold-plated hoop earrings
- LINDA FARROW Cat eye elaphe-trimmed acetate sunglasses
- GUCCI Mesh-trimmed silk crepe de chine dress
- BOTTEGA VENETA Roma large intrecciato leather tote
- MONICA VINADER Figi gold-plated bracelet
BLACK PATENT DAPHNE
- JENNIFER MEYER Set of three 18-karat gold diamond rings
- ALICE + OLIVIA Amaya embroidered-trim tweed jacket
- SOPHIE HULME Embellished silk top
- CURRENT/ELLIOTT The boyfriend cropped straight-leg jeans
- JIL SANDER leather shoulder bag